Speaking to an attorney after an injury is crucial. We can help you deal with insurance companies, workers’ compensation, and filing claims against someone who injured you. Don’t put yourself in a situation where you are losing credibility in your case. Making the simplest of mistakes could hurt you in the long run.
Here are nine reasons why you should speak to a personal injury attorney before taking action:
1) Personal injury attorneys are experienced with all sorts of cases. We can save you time and money by letting you know whether you have a legitimate claim.
2) With the number of laws and regulations around the subject matter, you may hurt your case by saying or doing something wrong without even realizing it.
3) Paperwork, legal procedures, and bills can be too confusing — especially after being injured. We will simplify the process, so you don’t have to worry about making any mistakes.
4) You may be entitled to more benefits than you know. We will make sure that you know about any benefits for which you are eligible.
5) Insurance companies are not looking to give free handouts; they’re looking for evidence to prove that they don’t owe you anything. It is becoming more common for insurance companies to deny or reduce medical bills and therefore reduce the overall value of the case. We can take steps to help prevent this from happening.
6) Injuries that are not physical are more challenging to prove. Our attorneys will help you in your case if you have suffered from psychiatric or emotional injury.
7) Let us handle the other attorneys and adjusters involved. The defense attorney or adjuster will take any mistakes you have made and use them to weaken your credibility, and your case.
8) You may accidentally give out more information than required, which could harm your case.
9) An attorney may also record any statements you make and make sure the insurance company treats you fairly and asks proper questions if they do have questions for you. This can prevent you from being misquoted later, especially should your case proceed to trial.
Know your rights. You are permitted by law to have an attorney on your side. Don’t be left to fend for yourself. We will work to protect you from confusing tactics and procedures while having your best interest in mind.
Having an attorney on your side will provide you with confidence during your case and leave you with less worry during a time of vulnerability. Contact the Kelly & West team today to schedule a consultation.
“Reggie Kelly is a fantastic attorney with fantastic paralegals. My wife and I have been using him and his firm since 1983 when we first purchased property in Harnett County 37 years ago. He offers excellent legal advice and guidance. He never gets in a hurry to get us out the door because of his next appointment. He always takes the time needed to check out all of the issues that might come up. Reggie Kelly is a proud American and he loves our country and he wants everyone to do well. Reggie Kelly is an even finer person than he is a fantastic attorney and we are very fortunate to also be able to call him and his wife Cheryl our friends. We give him a 10 STAR Review!”