Speaking to an attorney after an injury is crucial. We can help you deal with insurance companies, worker’s compensation, and filing claims against someone who hurt you. Don’t put yourself in a situation where you are losing credibility in your case. Making the simplest of mistakes could hurt you in the long run.
Here are 9 reasons why you should speak to a personal injury attorney before taking action:
1) Personal injury attorneys are experienced with all sorts of cases. We can save you time and money by letting you know whether or not you have a legitimate case.
2) With the number of laws and regulations around the subject matter, you may hurt your case by saying or doing something wrong without even realizing it.
3) Paperwork, legal procedures, and bills can be extremely confusing to someone especially after being injured. We will simplify the process for you so you don’t have to worry about making any mistakes.
4) You may be entitled to more benefits than you know. We will make sure that you are informed of any rewards for which you are eligible.
5) Insurance companies are not looking to give free handouts; they’re looking for evidence to prove that they don’t owe you anything. It is becoming more common for insurance companies to deny or reduce medical payments.
6) Injuries that are not physical are more difficult to prove. Our attorneys will help you in your case if you have suffered from psychiatric or emotional injury.
7) Let us handle the other attorneys involved. When looking for a claim, the defense attorney will take any mistakes that you have made and use them against you to weaken your credibility.
8) You may accidentally give out more information than what is required. This could have a negative impact on your case.
9) An attorney may also act as a witness to your statements. This can prevent your statement from being misquoted.
Know your rights. You are permitted by law to have an attorney on your side. Don’t be left to fend for yourself. We will work to protect you from confusing tactics and procedures while having your best interest in mind. Having an attorney on your side will provide you with confidence during your case and leave you with less worry during a time of vulnerability.
When Reggie Kelly and Thomas West opened their Lillington law practice in 1982, neither guessed they’d be in business so long.
We love helping people get through tricky situations, and we’re flattered to have been in business this long. It means we’re doing something right. This year we’ve seen some growth in our staff.
Thank you to our incredible friends for your support and business throughout the years. We look forward to many more to come!