Several agencies including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) commented on the issue surrounding the contaminated water that has been found in two Wake County neighborhoods during a news conference this morning.
Homeowners finally got some answers about the contamination. According to ABC News, dangerous levels of a cancer-causing chemical were found in drinking water wells that serve homes just off Stony Hill Road in Wake Forest.
During the news conference officials said the contamination was caused by a defunct pant. The chemical found in the water, Trichloroethylene or TCE, is an industrial solvent used primarily as a machine degreaser. It is a blue liquid with a sweet, chloroform-like smell.
Officials say they are talking to plants that used to be in the area to determine exactly how TCE got into the well. ABC News reported that TCE was found in another well back in 2005 after a homeowner complained that the water had a funny smell.
Authorities are looking further into the contamination to determine if the area could become a Superfund Site, which is an EPA program to clean up areas affected by hazardous materials.
Source: ABC News
“Reggie Kelly is a fantastic attorney with fantastic paralegals. My wife and I have been using him and his firm since 1983 when we first purchased property in Harnett County 37 years ago. He offers excellent legal advice and guidance. He never gets in a hurry to get us out the door because of his next appointment. He always takes the time needed to check out all of the issues that might come up. Reggie Kelly is a proud American and he loves our country and he wants everyone to do well. Reggie Kelly is an even finer person than he is a fantastic attorney and we are very fortunate to also be able to call him and his wife Cheryl our friends. We give him a 10 STAR Review!”